Friday, July 31, 2009

Is there any other ways to design a web page other than HTML coding? Please explain or give me a link?

You can use a WYSIWYG editor like Frontpage or Dreamweaver, but ultimately, that's just having a program write the HTML for you. I once heard some talk about trying to do a web page entirely in Flash, but I think you'd still have to wrap it in an HTML skeleton of some kind.

Is there any other ways to design a web page other than HTML coding? Please explain or give me a link?
CSS, JavaScript, XHTML, XML, JAVA, Flash ...
Reply:There are "What You See Is What You Get Editors" (known as WYSIWYG-Editors), that operate more like Microsoft Word (klick on "bold" for bold text etc.). In fact I think you can create a web page from within word - the code won't be very good, but it'll probably work.





The most popular WYSIWYG Editor to my knowledge is Dreamweaver. Adobe GoLive seems to be popular, too.





As I am a purist, I will hate you if you go that route, though. Why not just learn HTML, it's not that hard...





Another way to create a web page is to use Macromedia Flash - no HTML at all then. But not compatible with all browsers, and hard to read for search engines. I wouldn't recommend it either.


No comments:

Post a Comment