Thursday, July 30, 2009

Should I expect a job in Medical Coding after setting for the CCA In Jan.?

I went to school for a Medical Coding position, the school is suppose to place me in a job after I finish which will be in Jan. . Now they say I should not expect to go right into coding, should go into insurance or a doctor office and work in medical field for a year, then try to get into coding. Help what should I do go for a coding postion, that what I went for what I'm setting for CCA in Jan. Could use some advice here thanks.

Should I expect a job in Medical Coding after setting for the CCA In Jan.?
Coders and transcriptionists are in high demand. Many places DO want some experience, but that is not necessary. My mom is a coder and she didn't have any coding experience before she started. She just had work experience.


If you have an associates, then you can put in at just about any hospital you want. You can put in an application at doctors' offices, but they usually outsource that to companies or the local hospital. There are several independent coding firms that will allow you to do temp work at places, or work from home if you like. I'd go ahead and sit for the coding certification exams, just to make sure, but the company that hires you might pay for your exams.


Sounds like the school just doesn't want to do a lot of work for you.


1 comment:

  1. People are getting medical billing and coding training because there are a lot of demands for this field. What I suggest is that after your graduation, you look for jobs through the net as you can definitely land on one - but of course, same as other jobs, if it is your first, expect entry level benefits.

    ReplyDelete