Monday, May 24, 2010

Medical billing and coding?

I would like more information on the career. What are the hours like, pay, etc. I am considering the medical billing and coding program the local community college offers. They say it results in the CPC-A and CCS-P certifications.

Medical billing and coding?
Pay varies by place of employment you can get into it quicker as a medical assistant and then you can go to work primarily as that, but you want to make yourself versatile and multi skilled and get your training at a nationally and state accredited school or program.
Reply:With all the baby boomers getting older, this is a growing number of patiens for doctors. This means more billings. Many hospitals and doctors outsource their billing so I would think it is a very good field to be in. I don't have specifis on how much the pay is but I found a site that has a really good article.


No comments:

Post a Comment