Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm thinking go to medical coding & billing certified courses but???

i'm scare to go can somebody done this courses explane to me? And can't write correct, i' m from other country , but speake good and inderstand. Medical C%26amp; B how much they make? maybe i'm thinking go med assistant wich best career?

I'm thinking go to medical coding %26amp; billing certified courses but???
I was a medical biller, but I never took a course. I learned everything on my job. I think it's better to learn on the job because even if you learn how to bill insurance companies, you still have to learn your employer's way of doing things. At the company I worked for, a medical assistant and a medical biller pretty much made the same. I started off in '99 and made $8.25 an hour, but by the time I left, new employees were making $11.00 an hour. Your pay will also greatly vary due to where you live. The best thing for you to do right now is to get some information from coding and billing schools and go from there. I personally like to learn things by someone teaching me face to face, but you may find it easier to learn from a computer. I loved my job and wish I were still working, but I left due to a bad change in management at my company. I started off not knowing anything about medical billing and worked my way up to assistant manager and was offered two manager positions, but turned them down due to the way managers were treated where I worked. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment